Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Welcome Karen!

Hi everyone! I'm happy to introduce to you our newest DT member - Karen! She is an amazing paper artist and we are so happy she has joined our team! She will begin creating with us in LTSCB #27 that goes live next Monday morning! Karen's blog is Dreaming and Creating - please go check it out and leave her some love!

Without further ado, here she is...


Hi, Karen McAlpine here, to tell you a little bit about myself.  I have a long crafty history and have been crafting since the age of four.  Over the years, I have enjoyed many crafts including: decoupage, embroidery, sewing, quilting, crocheting, and card making.  I have been making cards for about 15 years. I started out making cards on the computer with a greeting cards software package.  About 8 years ago, I moved on to hand made cards.  I really love the creative scope that comes from stamping.  I feel that each stamp is a little work of art in its own right.  Of course I like to put my own signature style on my projects.  My projects will almost always include lots of layers, a mix of pattern and texture, and fibers of some kind.  Creating my own backgrounds with paint, ink, a Gelli Plate, or stencils has become one of my favorite techniques.  I am not only a card maker, but also a card sender.  I get those cards out in the mail to cheer, encourage, uplift, and spread a little love.  Happy card making!


Welcome aboard, Karen! Again, we're so stoked you've joined our team and we look forward to lots of fun creating together!

Big hugs,
Leslie & the DT

2 comments:

Shuly said...

welcome to the team Karen! i love your description, you have fantastic ressources, it's going to be great working with you

Karen McAlpine said...

Thanks!!! I am so happy to be part of the team!!!